- Sustainable tourism can make a valuable contribution to the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
- Support the intent of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Global Code of Ethics for Tourism – including maximising the benefits of tourism in promoting sustainable development, poverty alleviation, environmental diversity, tolerance and respect for the diversity of religious, moral and philosophical beliefs within and amongst nations.
- Minimising negative impacts of tourism on environments and cultural heritage.
- Encouraging sustainable growth of tourism enterprises in a destination environment that favours a market economy, private enterprise and free trade for the creation of employment and wealth.
- Visitors enjoying their tourism experience – with an open mind and learning about the legitimate differences between peoples and places.
- Thinking outside-the-box through partnerships with commercial enterprises, consulting associates, research organisations, universities, vocational education & training institutions, student interns, our Future Leaders community, NGOs, development agencies and networks around the world and international media.